Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Dressing to Impress

As I begin my new incarnation as a political/legal/current events blogger (starting with my blogging of The Trial of The Century - hereafter known as "TTOTC"), the question I have been asking myself today is, "what is an appropriate outfit to wear while liveblogging TTOTC of a has-been rapper with an ironic stage name?"

Obviously, I need to dress professionally so I don't inspire ire from the police officers (again). But I also want to stand out so C-Murder notices me in the audience. I have been thinking about how to achieve this delicate balance, and I have some ideas.

Accessories

The quickest way to jazz up a drab outfit is through the use of well placed accessories.



I think these earrings are a really classy way to catch C-Murder's eye. I must admit, I did not think of this idea on my own. When I was at court for my anonymous summer internship, I noticed a woman in the audience wearing these earrings (except in a gold finish so ornate that it could have been for royalty). Her man, sitting with the other inmates in the jury box, couldn't keep his eyes off of her, and they were exchanging messages through hand signals and miming that were...well...not really appropriate for a court of law, or the public, generally. Having said that, the earrings were obviously a brilliant success, and did their job.



Wearing the above emblem, on a gold chain, also seems to me to be a very good way to silently and discretely show my support. Additionally, I think that adding this item to a skirt suit is also a great way to break up the monotony of the work day. That is just a bit of advice to you working girls who read my blog!

T-Shirts




I think wearing this commemorative t-shirt under a suit would be another way to show ones support of the 504 Boyz. Now...I'm not *entirely* sure what "TRU" means or stands for - but it popped up when I googled the following phrase "I support C-Murder t-shirts" so I figure it has to be somehow related, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love lil layne she is so cool
c murder is cool too but hard to
be recognized up the river--

Can't wait for more of this
------- stuff

Big D