Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Day 1 of C-Murder live blog...have I been thwarted already?

7am: alarm goes off. I begin to seriously question myself for doing this. What is wrong with me??? I am 25 years old...I should be getting drunk, and developing a tan...NOT sitting in a courtroom all day watching the trial of a former 504 boy. Go back to sleep.
730: wake up again. Realize that as an adult, one must always follow through with their committments, and I promised my dedicated 3 readers that I would live blog this trial. Grudgingly get in the shower.
820am: park my car over in the ghetto surrounding Jefferson parish criminal court, and begin to walk over. As I'm walking over, I see this stuff flying through the sky. What is it, I wonder. A minute later I realize, a bird has defecated on me. On my arm. As I am walking to the courthouse. I scream out loud, and construction workers stare at me.
835am: after having gone to the bathroom to deal with the bird situation, I go to look for the trial on the daily docket board. Panic sets in. I do not see his name on the board. I begin walking in circles like a crazy person. I then spot 3 men who go to the docket computer thing, don't find his name, but continue walking towards a courtroom anyway, so I follow them.
840am: am sitting in the courtroom with these 3 men I followed, still unsure If I am at the right trial. All of the sudden, 4 DAs walk in, rolling 10 boxes of evidence, all labeled with the following- "c murder case". BINGO. I have arrived, and I have a seat. The main DA talks about how she was at work til 1am....this was apparently the latest night at work she has ever had. I'm sorry...but...If a highly publicised murder trial of a former rapper is not call for an all-nighter....then I don't know what is.
845am: more people arrive. There are now about 6 DAs setting up, and only 1 defense atty who looks old and a little lost. With him is a paralegal of untraditional age (she is approx 105 yrs old). He is probably out matched by the sheer manpower of the DAs office.

Update!!! Mr c murder himself has arrived. He is sorting a blue button up, and his lawyer is talking to him very seriously. He has no family here...which makes me a little sad. Where is master p, or lil Romeo??? The only people on his side are the 3 guys I followed here, and sluttily dressed women.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: