Monday, March 08, 2010

Non Sequiturs from New Orleans

So much has happened since Thursday! I will try to cover some of the more important topics in depth, but here are some brief little teasers.

1) I drove home from ATL, and had a tire blow out in Alabama. Anyone who tells you that rural Alabama is not scary is lying to you. I spent a harrowing 45 minutes in some garage clutching my blackberry like a sword. Luckily, I got home (eventually).

2) Persistence pays off! After tweeting all the saints players/siblings of saints players/people affiliated with the saints - one finally responded! This Friday, I will be interviewing Kyle Turley, former Saint and total badass.

3) Scott Fujita is leaving the Saints to go to the Browns. He got a deal from them that the Saints couldn't/didn't want to match. He was one of my favorite players, if only because he had a masters degree. Scott, you will be greatly missed. I actually am surprised I could get out of bed this morning after hearing the news, to be honest with you.

4) There will be a premiere party tonight at the Prytania for the release of the Saints Super Bowl DVD. I have emails out to contacts EVERYWHERE - including Corry Rush. Let's hope I can get a ticket. If not - I hope the paparrazi at the "red carpet" portion of the event are ready for a little competition. Check back later tonight for my updates.

5) Another tourist has gone missing in New Orleans. Yesterday I went to the French Quarter and spoke to some people about it. I'll write a more detailed post about this later. Yes, I am capable of being a serious-minded investigative journalist.

No comments: