Monday, March 08, 2010

Corry Rush STRIKES AGAIN.

Earlier today, Spawn of Satan Corry Rush responded to my email about the DVD release party. I was as surprised as you are. He gave me the contact information for a man over at the Saints org that he said claimed could get me a ticket to the DVD Release event. Corry was so quick in responding, and so helpful, that I almost wanted to write a retraction of my prior posts about him. Good thing I didn't because I was unceremoniously turned away at the event tonight like I was garbage. I was dressed up standing in the rain, no less.

The individual keeping guard of the "guest list" told me, "Mr. Saints Suit says he can't give you authorization, because this isn't his event." This was likely a lie, but since the Saints can do no wrong in my eyes (What up, Lombardi Trophy!), I am going to pin this one on Corry Rush. This is clearly his fault, and his fingerprints are ALL OVER IT. You're only digging yourself in deeper with me, my friend.

Before I was turned away from the party, I did get to see drew brees from a distance (he turned around and smiled at the crowd - I swooned), Fletcher Mackel (a tv news correspondent who *really* enjoys wearing skinny legged jeans), and Darren Sharper (who was on crutches, recovering from some arthroscopic surgery on his knee).

Before being thrown out, I got to interview THE MOST important member of the Saints organization!

That's right. I interviewed Gumbo, the Saints Mascot.

Okay - so "interview" might be a bit of a stretch...seeing as how he is a mascot and doesn't speak. But I did ask him questions. The following is an accurate transcript of our interaction.

LL: Hey Gumbo, hey! Over here! :::waives wildly:::
Gumbo: :::runs over and starts making exaggerated dog panting noises:::
LL: How did it feel when Reggie Bush accidentally pushed you to the ground??
Gumbo: :::mimes having an 'ache-y back:::
LL: So your back hurt a lot?
Gumbo: :::shakes head in agreement:::
LL: You know, I'm interviewing Kyle Turley this Friday
Gumbo: :::jumps up and down in appreciation. Gumbo then mimes taking his helmet and throwing it on the ground, a la Kyle Turley circa early 2000s
LL: You know - you might be the best person I ever interviewed. That's not saying much though...
Gumbo: :::moves head up and down in an exaggerated fashion, as if to say, "I got you"::::
LL: I've really enjoyed talking to you. HEY! Do you have a date for this party?
Gumbo: ::::Slowly walks away and starts talking to a 40+ year old woman wearing mardi gras beads.:::

So that ended that. I wasted the entire evening, and all I got out of it was an interview with a half dog/half football player who doesn't speak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the "man behind the mask" expose. 10 bucks says Gumbo is in fact a former Saints player. I'm putting my money on Joe Horn.

Anonymous said...

geeesh chill homie. Corry is only one man. you sort of sound psycho like a sport groupie whore.