Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 2 of the AAOS Convention

Like the Terminator once said...."I'm BAACCK." Yes, I have returned to the AAOS convention DETERMINED that I will find a story in this mess.

I am still without a badge, and I'm not sure I will be able to get one, short of some sort of Oceans 11-esque plot involving balloons, sleeping pills, a doppelganger and a chef's uniform. However, I have learned that you do *not* need a badge to go into some room called the "Academy." In the the "academy" they have side-by-side televisions showing surgeries. If ever I was able to fool anyone into thinking I was a medical doctor, they would quickly realize "not so much" upon seeing my facial expression as I watch surgery on tv. Something like this:


Goals for the day:
1) Speak to one real life orthopedic surgeon
2) Find out if Dr. James Andrews (a/k/a the rock star surgeon who worked on Drew Brees' shoulder) is here
3) try to speak to Dr. Jams Andrews and thank him for putting Drew Brees back together
4) Get invited to a post-conference after party.

Not a tall order, right?

1 comment:

Amy Cavanaugh said...

Were you successful? Those goals don't seem like they would be too hard to accomplish, but these orthopedic surgeons sound like total dorks.