Saturday, February 06, 2010

Lil Layne is entering the Youtube Age.

So tonight I went to sleep at the raucous hour of 9pm (yes, readers - Lil Layne has QUITE the happening weekend/nightlife). Four hours later, I awoke from my slumber only to find that it was 1:30am, I was wide awake, and everyone else was asleep/heading to sleep for the night. What to do???

Always trying to improve myself as a faux creative type, I decided it was HIGH TIME to learn the art of the video. I have been watching hundreds of youtube videos in the past weeks, and it dawned on me that if 12 yr olds can upload videos, I sure as hell should be able to do it as well.

First - I had to figure out how to film footage from my camera. This took me....longer than I would care to admit.

Sidebar: When I was 21/22 yrs old, I was VERY technologically savvy - all my friends came to when they were having computer problems/wanted to download illegal music, etc. But in the past 4 years, something utterly terrible has happened, and I am about as proficient as a 65 yr old with the computer. I was trying to get Lil Sister to explain how one downloads music, and there was this moment that I will never forget. She turned to me and was like, "you have to download bittorrents...you know what that is, right?" and I responded, "Bit-currents? like currents in the ocean?" I had officially become my mother.

Back to the matter at hand. After figuring out how to actually film on my digi camera, I then was able to teach myself how to upload it onto my computer, this blog, and youtube. I even have my own channel! But then again...I guess everyone who uploads on youtube has one of those.... Whatever. I still chalk this up as a success.

I hope this will make me a blogger -- but, if we're being honest here -- this will probably just make me a better creeper. Now I can go up to people under the guise of "interviewing them for my blog" but really...I'll be gathering information to help me stalk them better. I plan on starting tomorrow.

1 comment:

Alina said...

L2,I'm just curious. Where are you watching the Super Bowl? Will you be blogging? If you are I will be following.