Thursday, February 04, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV Drinking game

Every major television event deserves a drinking game, and Super Bowl XLIV is no exception. Having created a drinking game for the legendary Giants v. Pats a few years back, I thought I might try my hand at it again.

Take a sip of your drink if...
The camera pans to either Archie, Olivia, Cooper or Eli Manning in the stands;
The camera pans to any Kardashian;
The camera pans to a ridiculously dressed Saints and/or Colts fan;
The Sportscaster mentions "Peyton Manning" and "Hall of Fame" in the same sentence;
Any of the following words or phrases are used: Katrina, Mardi Gras, "shred," finesse, "thread the needle," accuracy, scramble, "remember me shot," Bourbon Street, gumbo, and mismatch.

Take a large gulp if...
You can see the fear in Peyton Manning's eye;
The camera inexplicably pans to a random celebrity not affiliated with the Saints or Colts at all;
The camera pans to Drew Brees or Peyton Manning studying on the sidelines;
The camera pan to either Brittany Brees or Mrs. Peyton Manning;
An argument breaks out on the sidelines (of either team);
A team has consecutive first downs;
There is a fumble;
Brees TD Pass to the endzone;
Penalty flag resulting in a first down;
Completed passes to: Jeremy Shockey, Lance Moore, Darnell Dinkins; and
Any good Garrett Hartley kick (extra point or field goal).

Take a shot of hard alcohol if...
Peyton Manning is intercepted;
A turnover/interception results in a defensive touchdown;
Reggie Bush breaks a run for over 30 yards;
Kickoff return is run for a touchdown;
Drew Brees runs it in for a touchdown;
The camera catches Cooper and/or Eli Manning cheering for the Saints; and
Any member of The Who has a nipple slip.

Pour champagne all over yourself and others if...
The Saints Win the Superbowl.

Any glaring omissions?? Either email me (Lil.Layne504@gmail.com) or leave it in the comments! On Saturday I will post the official "Lil Layne Who Dat Nation Drinking Game" which will incorporate all of your suggestions. Or maybe no one will email or suggest anything, and I will just get drunk by myself in my bedroom and lay the fetal position, depressed over the futility of my life.

Please note: I did not and will not add anything about hits on Peyton Manning, as I think it is bad karma. Any other player, however, is fair game.

2 comments:

Lee2 said...

Well I would play the game but I can't because I'm not of the drinking age. I'll do it with sodas. I think Mark Sanchez is going to the game, but I'm not entirely sure.

Lil Layne said...

I'm sure Mark Sanchez would be THRILLED to know that he has become the new pin-up boy for 16yr old catholic school girls across the country. I suppose I will add "The camera pans to any quarterback whose team was defeated in a playoff game" as an entry.