Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Drew v. Peyton: An Analysis

Now, I'm no football expert...but I know enough to recognize that EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER is going to be comparing Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Since I don't know that much about passer ratings, I thought I would compare other intangibles that make a great quarterback. Like how they behave when they get angry.

Full Disclosure: It took me quite a while to research this particular topic. Have you ever tried googling "Drew Brees Angry Fight Scream Punch"? I came up with some hits from a forum topic called "Don't you just want to punch some Saints fans in the face right now?" from Bodybuilding.com. That was about it. Eventually, I read up on an incident during the 2008 season when Shockey dropped a pass, and Drew just let him have it on the sidelines. I immediately set off in hot pursuit for video footage of this. After spending too much of my life on this project, I finally found it. I direct you to approx minute 1 of the video, where you will see the play, and then the fight. Unfortunately I could not embed the video on my blog, but you can see it by following this link.

I love the fire in Drew Brees. Throwing the towel?? Amazing! I wonder what he said?? Also - for being almost twice Drew's size, Shockey just stood there and took it like a British school child. Can I just say that Shockey is SO MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE with the short hair? He looks like Prince Harry. Yum. Did we also notice Harrington trying to get in on the fight, and then having second thoughts and pretending to look at something in the distance?

After finding "Angry Drew," I set off to find footage of Peyton having a meltdown. I thought that it seemed unlikely Peyton would have such a burst of emotion, because he is, after all, an operational robot. But, the interwebs did not disappoint, and I found the mother of all meltdowns, which came with SOUND!

I'm not going to lie...I was a little bit turned on by that video. I don't know what it was. Maybe I am a masochist? Or maybe it just reminded me of one of my all-time favorite SNL skits - Will Ferrell as "The Angry Boss." Around 1:55 is when the comparison starts to get eerily similar.


So is it like a Jekyll and Hyde type thing? Maybe Pey Pey's alternate personality is Mr. Tarkanian. Angry Peyton and Angry Drew meet in a dark alley and start to have a street fight (a la colin firth and hugh grant in Bridget Jones' Diary) -- who wins? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

1 comment:

Alina said...

L2 your postings are getting better all the time-I love the videos. I just hope your Momma J is too busy & not reading your blog or she going to wonder when it is your hitting the Law books. I am just saying...beware.