Thursday, February 04, 2010

Saints Tribute Videos: OMFG

I don't know how to start this blog post, so I'm just going to come right out and say it: I think I might have uncovered the most ridiculously absurd video I've ever seen on youtube.

Before I embed the video, there is just 1 thing I ask of you: keep watching. In the beginning it might seem rather seizure inducing, but you need to stick with it. This video is like a "magic eye" painting. If you focus your gaze on another part of the screen, something new will pop out at you.

To give you a little teaser before the video actually begins, I'd like to share with you how the video creator (Born2beHatin) advertises this video: "drew brees,reggie bush,sean payton & jonathan vilma party down in new orleans with that who-dat nation song!!!!!"

Without further ado...
Note: you may need to click on the video and open up youtube itself because my blog formatting cuts off part of the picture, and you miss some of the crucial moments. Namely: Sean Payton dancing.

Okay. Where. To. Begin.

Why don't we start by comparing the "tagline" for this video against what the viewer actually sees. We were meant to be seeing 4 players "party[ing] down in new orleans." So...I guess after a big game, the boys like to jump in the jeep, crank up their favorite who dat nation song, get some frapuccinos, and drive in circles in front of the Coach store? Also - at what point is Sean Payton relegated to a backseat in the jeep?? Isn't he the head coach?? At the VERY least shouldn't he be up in the front, if not driving the car??

More than the general overall theme of the video, I love looking at the specific player's facial expressions. Drew Brees' facial expressions range from happy, to contemplative, to kissy face. Reggie Bush's facial expressions go from looking like he has glare in his eyes, to a Southpark Cartoon-esque expression. I can't even focus on Sean Payton's face because I am too distracted by his "dancing" to notice anything else. Out of all of them, I think I like watching Jonathan Vilma the most. For a split second, there is a facial expression that pops up that is just pure fear. Like the sort of expression one might have when faced with a crazy serial killing fan. And let's be honest...this video does sort of look like something a serial killing fan might put together.

I guess my question is: what prompted Born2BeHatin to make this video? Lil 'Nore hypothesized that the creative process went something like this: "I think I will put together a video. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, Jonathan Vilma and Sean Payton will be together. They will be riding in a jeep, drinking frappucinos and dancing. I will take various pictures of them and paste them onto other people's bodies."

In case you were wondering...yes, born2behatin has other videos. I'm going to be honest -- they raise a lot of questions for me about what is happening over at the Born2BeHatin estate after the cameras go off. Several of the videos are footage of teenage boys sleeping/passed out/unconscious. One of the videos is called "white pitbull gets a sun tan" which is a video of a pitbull sleeping on a porch, and another video is an elderly man screaming, "the saints are going to win the superbowl" from the couch. I only have 1 word to say about all of that: yikes.

Update: 9:47am So, it turns out that this is actually from a scene in Zoolander! I am embarrassed that I didn't catch the cultural reference. Having said that...this just makes me EVEN MORE CONFUSED. Is this meant to be a video which pumps up Saints Fans?? Maybe Born2behatin is a Colts fan??? And why does this person who likes Zoolander have videos of unconscious/passed out teenage boys as well???

2 comments:

Lil Nore said...

This video is the best thing that's happened to me in a long time.

Lee2 said...

The scene which Sean, Drew, Reggie, and Jonathan head's are pasted over is a scene from Zoolander.