Wednesday, February 03, 2010

When it rains....

It Pours. This evening, I received communication from not 1, but 2 (!!) gentleman who have been featured on Lil Layne.

The first communique was a text message from our old friend Jeremy. As you may recall, this particular socially awkward man was about 10 years behind popular culture, and did not know Tupac was dead. At around 9pm, I received a text message which said, "Who is this?" I'm obviously not going to respond. Poor guy...he probably has so few numbers programmed in his cell phone, he wants to be able to account for each and every one of them. I, on the other hand, have the following entries in my address book: Do Not Answer Weird German, Dental Student, Jamie the Bouncer, Taxi Driver Dont Answer. Perhaps I should do a spring cleaning...but, as tonight's text shows, you never know when "Do Not Answer Weird German" might come a' callin.

The second communication I received was from the Australian Man who owes me Superbowl Tickets. So you can understand the entirety of our communication, here is my first email to him:

Dear [REDACTED],

We met at the [REDACTED] in NYC before NYE. You were shooting your mouth off about the Saints not making it to the Superbowl. I'm not sure if you follow the news but, they are headed to Miami (if you do not believe me, I direct you to www.espn.com). As per our agreement, you owe me tickets to the Superbowl. Would you like my mailing address where you can send them?

Regards,

Lil Layne

This was the response....
wha yeah no - i've never seen u again at the ol s'inn

i've met a lil wayne there and a paris lane but don't remember a lil layne. wat was the first name association with

watever WHODAT

Do we think this individual was intoxicated at the time he wrote this email, or do Australians have a lower literacy threshold? I don't even begin to know how to decipher this. Morse code would make more sense. Also, was he taunting me with that last "whodat"? Needless to say...doesn't look like I'm going to be getting those tickets. Sigh.

No comments: