Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Interview with K-Gates: A Lil Layne Exclusive

Well...that might be a bit of an exaggeration. But, come on...it was my first attempt at journalistic interviewing -- cut me some slack!

This afternoon, I received an email from everybody's favorite NOLA Rapper, K-Gates. As some of you may recall, K-Gates took the tune of the Ying Yang twin's song, "Halftime" and wrote his own NOLA specific lyrics. Between you and me, I think they are actually BETTER than the Ying Yang twins' lyrics. In any event -- he has come out with a new music video, which shows footage from the tailgates, after parties, games, school bands, etc. In honor of this new video, I asked him if he would mind answering some questions:
When did you write "Who Dat"?
Who is your favorite Saints Player?
How did you react to Garrett Hartley's 40yrd field goal clinching an appearance in the Superbowl? Did you cry?
Are the Ying Yang twins angry you wrote a better song with their melody? What did y'all say to each other when you first met?
Lil Wayne was rooting for the Vikings - do you think he is a traitor?
Favorite New Orleans Bar? Favorite Restaurant?
Are you single? If yes, what do you look for in a woman?
Who are you supporting for Mayor?
Predictions for a final score?
Mr. Gates, being a very busy man in hot demand these days, only had time to answer a few of my questions. In his email response, he said:
I was at the game watching it and I was holdin my breath when it went
thru it and I almost fainted...it was so surreal...brees is my fav
player along with meechum
I'm bias on mayoral thing
I guess I will never know what he looks for in a woman. Sigh.

In later correspondence, I asked Mr. Gates whether he would be making it to Superbowl, and he responded: "Yes I will represent." Who Dat!

So without further ado, here is the video:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

amazeballs. how did you get his email address...?

Lil Layne said...

Some of my tactics are best left a secret.

Unknown said...

Please interview Drew Brees next! Ask him how he feel about Miami now.

Lil Layne said...

I have a call in with his people. And by that, I obviously mean that I am going to send him a twitter he will never see.

Unknown said...

interview britney spears.