Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lil Layne on the Road

Even though Evil Spawn of Satan Corry Rush of the NFL ruined my dreams of an NFL Combine, he was not going to keep me down. Road Trip!

So - one thing you should know about me: I really enjoy bidding on hotel rooms on priceline.com. This ends, 99 times out of 100, with me losing the bid because I bid too low But SOMETIMES I win the bid/lose my money, and I end up in Nashville, TN.

What up, Nashville? I hear you are called Nashvegas. So far, from the looks of the other people at this hotel: not true. When I think of anything remotely associated with Vegas, I think of Bradley Cooper in a blazer and slightly opened button up shirt, cavorting about with friends at a bachelor party. So far, the closest thing Nashville has provided me is a short squat guy wearing dad jeans paired with a a Kentucky hat, some international convention goers talking about the usage of the term "America."

When I came in the 19yr old bellhop asked what brought me to Nashville. My knee-jerk reaction was to say, "research for my book." And by "book" I mean "blog." And by "blog" I mean "place where I ramble endlessly to an audience comprised mostly of my mother." I think I might stick with that answer for the rest of the trip.

Agenda for Nashvegas? Well, I suppose I will go have dinner, and then maybe try to go see some live county music. Maybe I'll buy some cowboy boots! And get a tattoo! And get married to a stranger! And steal something belonging to Kenny Chesney! Endless Options. Fear not, I will have my trusty blackberry on hand to document everything. Also It will make the record clear/aid in the investigation if I am kidnapped/murdered by a serial killer.

No comments: