Monday, February 22, 2010

CORRY RUSH. SHOW YOURSELF

Okay, enough southern hospitality. Corry Rush - I know someone from the NFL has been reading this blog. So, while I have your ear, I am going to deploy a little trick I learned back in college. Are you ready for it? I'm about to drop it in...3...2...1..

Sexism. You betcha. I am calling out the NFL for being totally and completely sexist. How many female reporters have been given press passes to the combine? Better question, what PERCENTAGE of reporters invited to the combine are women? I'm willing to wager my law school loan money that it is less than 5%. So, I guess the letters NFL mean "Not For Ladies." I imagine my good friend RITA BENSON LEBLANC might take some issue with your treatment of the fairer sex. Women are allowed to spend their hard earned money on tickets, beers, foam fingers, dvds, jerseys, footballs, and helmets, but you are going to keep them from reporting the news?

Pop Quiz: Where would the NFL be today if not for women? Answer: TRICK QUESTION BECAUSE THE NFL WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST. Contrary to popular belief, Peyton Manning was not delivered to planet earth by a stork as a fully formed adult wearing a Colts uniform. What do he, and every other person on that field, on the sidelines, in the announcers booth, at the combine, and reading this blog have in common? WE ALL CAME FROM A WOMAN. So there. Corry Rush, you want to refuse me entrance to the NFL Combine? That's FINE. Two can play at this game. I'm just going to band together with my girl power sisters, and we're going to STOP BIRTHING FUTURE FOOTBALL PLAYERS. I'd like to see how successful your little event is when you have NO PARTICIPANTS. That is all. I look forward to corresponding with you about where I can pick up my press credentials. Regards.

Lil Layne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you type "Corry Rush" into Google, Lil Layne is the 5th page that shows up.

Lil Layne said...

Amazing! I so hope he has a google news alert.

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that they probably have give NO press credentials to a Creole Isleno like yourself.

Big Momma J

Anonymous said...

That should be "have given" NO press credentials...

Sorry for the error

Big Momma J

504nolasean said...

Creole islanios?

Lil Layne said...

Don't ask. It is something "BigMommaJ" made up.

Anonymous said...

Lil Layne, being a "daughter of the Canary Islands," (a direct descendant of one Canary Islander Manuel Acevedo, who came here before the Louisiana Purchase) qualifies as both Isleno and Creole. Check it out at the Historic New Orleans Collection on Royal Street if you doubt me. And if you are the Sean I think you are, SO ARE YOU A CREOLE ISLENO. AND SO WILL BE BABY SHACQUI!! BigMommaJ does not need to make things up, cause she ALREADY KNOWS THINGS.

Lil Layne said...

BigMommaJ -
The comments section of my blog is not meant to be a forum for family discussion re: our heritage. Should you want such an electronic medium to discuss these (and other) issues, might I suggest the domain name, DysfunctionalFamilyChristmasDinner.com

Anonymous said...

If it's so dysfunctional, why do 25 people show up every year on 12/25!!!

Big Momma J