Monday, August 10, 2009

The end is near

So, in my 1 day hiatus from the trial, I seemed to have missed both the prosecution resting, and the defense resting. Mr magoo, it seems, didn't call any witnesses, and only played previously tape recorded testimony. So all we have left before the jury makes their decision about whether cmurder will spend the rest of his days in angola are the closing arguments closing arguments!!

When I first set out to liveblog this trial, I sort of resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to see this thing through. But somehow, a trial that lasted 1 month 7 years ago has suddenly taken 4 days (not including the voir dire). I wonder If mr magoo is phoning it in? My well placed sources have told me that cmurder has been cut off by his more lucrative brother (master p), and is technically indigent. He has been unable to pay Mr Magoo for quite some time. In fact, mr magoo has tried to get himself taken off the case due to nonpayment, but the courts have refused.

I arrived this morning to an almost packed courtroom. More of cmurder's family has come out of the woodwork for today...so many people that the officers are concerned that they may not all fit in the courtroom. Cmurder has gone back to his kanye west look, sporting a green sweater, button up shirt, and glasses. Something I forgot to mention, because I am just noticing: every single one of cmurder's teeth are covered in gold. Talk about a grill. If he is convicted, he may want to think about removing that grill...after all, the price of gold is rising.

Unrelated: this morning started in the most curious way. I'm waiting for the elevator to arrive, and this shabbily dressed man is limping over to the door. On one foot he had one of those foot braces that people wear when they've broken their toes, and on the other foot, he had a birkenstock sandal with a black sock. I guess I was looking at him, because he said, "this is what gout looks like" and winks.

Okay, we are resuming. More later!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: