Thursday, April 01, 2010

My 13 Year Old Self is Reeling

So, Ricky Martin came out of the closet. Who was surprised by this? I'll tell you who: my 13 year old self.

Back-story: when I was 13, I was IN LOVE with Ricky Martin. Like blind, crazy, Justin Bieber-esque love. And I REFUSED to believe he was gay. I felt like every time he was singing "Livin' La Vida Loca" he was singing it directly to me. When he sang, I envisioned us salsa dancing in Miami, him shaking his hips, and me...being a 13 year old dancing with Ricky Martin, I guess?

Then I started thinking back on ALL my childhood celebrity crushes. Please see below.




Anyone else sensing a pattern here?

3 comments:

Jeezmommy said...

Is JTT gay?

Lil Layne said...

I had heard that. If he is not officially out, then he is definitely in Anderson Cooper territory.

Alina said...

Anderson IS in the territory. NO doubt.