Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good Luck!

Well, it's time for this girl to go into sequestration mode for the next 5 day (you see, in addition to learning French for my bar exam, it is also a 3-day, M-W-Fri week long event).  But before I shuttle off to my lavish digs at an undisclosed hotel in Kenner, I just wanted to wish everyone good luck, and to say I believe in my heart of hearts that each and every one of you can and will pass the bar!  But! If not? I will still love you all just the same (and I hope that is a sentiment y'all would return....) Let's take a look at all the people who have failed the bar, and gone on to do p r e t t y cool things.

Hillary Clinton
JFK Jr.
Michelle Obama
Mitch Landrieu (Mayor of New Orleans)
Franklin Roosevelt
Benjamin Cardozo

So, there.  Take a deep breath, don't wear noisy shoes or bring in disgusting food, and above all else: don't start crying in the middle of the exam.  It will be fine.  Unless, of course, you don't know what a contract is. In that case, well...you're screwed.  

Good luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Layne Paris! When all else fails, just write something about Essentialism, Social Romanticism, or the pre-Gault juvenile court. I'm sure that will impress the graders.

All the best,
Guess Who

Laura said...

And throw in some extra French if you don't know what to answer. That'll impress 'em, right?

Anonymous said...

So much for sequestration. #Twitter,