Sunday, July 17, 2011

....And then I blogged about food.

I've noticed that women seem to really enjoy blogging about the food they eat. Well, it's either entries about food or dating. Since I clearly don't date (See, every prior blog entry for evidentiary support of this proposition), I guess I should start blogging about all the wonderful and glorious food I've been eating, with the requisite and necessary accompanying photographs. 


I start every day off with an extra large PJs French Vanilla Iced Coffee, with skim milk, and a touch of splenda (read: 3 packets).  The woman who makes me my iced coffee every morning is a delightfully blunt and surly mid-30s single mother, who spends most of her time nursing her head in hangover-prayer pose.  One time when I reminded her to make sure she used the skim milk, as I had recently weighed myself, she told me, "That's weird.  I never weigh myself.  I have this problem where I just don't gain weight even if I eat 3 entire pizzas.  Isn't that so weird? Anyway, what were you saying? You need non-fat milk, right?"  Right, b*tch.

I like to drink my coffee as quickly as possible, so the shakes set it pretty early on - I find that when I simultaneously shake while studying, people think I'm REALLY intense.  I find that being intense is how one makes friends in bar class.  No one wants to be friends with the fun loving girl. No, they want to be friends with the girl who looks like she's teetering on the edge.

Another gourmet snack that is a must-taste this season?
Cheetos.  I don't know what it is about this delicious snack.  The crunch? The cheese? The tell-tale neon marks it leaves all over my hands, books, papers, laptop, and cell phone? I. love. cheetos.  Honestly, if someone were to look at me and say, "you know? I don't really care for Cheetos? Don't really like the taste..." I would turn to them without flinching and yell, "YOU'RE A F-ING LIAR, NOW GET YOUR UGLY FACE OUT OF MY LIFE AND BE GONE."

Here's the point in the blog where foodies talk about the famous people who were at the restaurant where they were dining.  In lieu of that, I will just post pictures of famous and important people eating cheetos. 


Okay, so it turns out that the only famous and important person who allows themselves to be photographed eating Cheetos is Britney Spears.  Moving on...

Like any good food diarist, I have to end with the dessert. This is where I really tend to splurge.  You see, the Ice Coffee runs me about $3.44, the Cheetos cost me $1.25, which allows me around $8 for dessert. So, I go to Sucre. 
Don't the desserts look delightful and expensive? Yes? Okay, good. Now I can go on and discuss the photo itself.

W.T.F.  I tried to find a picture the desserts at Sucre so I could post it, like any good faux food blogger does, when I was confronted with this...image.  For those of you out there who do not know what I look like, I am neither of these people.  Nor do I actually know these people.  I just so happened to stumble upon these people when looking for pictures of cupcakes.  Cruel when you think about it...somehow naming a file in a set of engagement photos such that it pops up when people google image "dessert" or "cupcakes" or "help me fill the void with sugar."

I am just really curious as to what the directive for this photo was. Can we discuss the facial expressions? I don't think this, the well lit and brightly colored dessert shop, is the place for these types of photos.  These two are a Boyz 2 Men song away from being horizontal.  This is also RUINING Sucre for me.  Sucre is supposed to be like Willy Wonka's Factory - a place where it is okay to be that weird adult, who is oddly asexual, with a face covered in chocolate.  NOT THIS. 

Oh look.  Try as hard as I did to be like a normal  and blog about things normal girls do (ie, the food they eat), I run off the rails again.  I think it was because I ended up looking at all the photos of Meredith and Matt frolicking in New Orleans (the actual name of the photo album of the two individuals from the above photo).  Something about engagement photos brings out the worst in me.  I think maybe in August, after this hell is over, I will hire a photographer to take pictures of me frolicking around the city in 5 different outfits, and I will name the album, "Celebrating Our Love: Me, Myself and I." 

15 comments:

David Felfoldi said...

I understand your Cheeto fetish. Jessica, however, does not. She doesn't understand the glee I get from eating an entire bag, following by the tacky finger sucking of magical cheeto dust.

That photo album disturbed me. Here is ours
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.47155480929.80461.568475929&l=3eae875870

Anonymous said...

Dear Lil Layne,

I had to switch to eating Cheetos because when the papparazzi asked me what I was eating, I thought I would be trendy by changing Fritos and Lays to FREE LAYS.

Also, Cheetos are a robust source of niacin during my unplanned pregnancies. A girl can't have enough niacin.


Love,
Britney Spears

Anonymous said...

Also contributing to the excellence of the "Meredith and Matt" picture: Matt appears to be wearing $300 True Religion jeans and a Burberry button-down. What a douche.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lil Layne,

There are two types of women in the world: the Hillarys and the Monicas. I worry that your tribute to Britney Spears is sending the wrong message to the impressionable teenage girls who read your blog regularly. Do you want to live in a world where young girls across America walk into gas station bathrooms barefoot? Please consider sending a more appropriate message in your future posts.

Regards,
Rupie Murdoch

mark eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gotta love the haters! Ahahahahaha

Brenda said...

Hey Marc Eric. I know your post was erased, but that's ok, I have it photographed! Also, your picture was beautiful and any one can tell that place OBVIOUSLY meant something to them. Maybe that's were they met, maybe he proposed there, maybe they own it. This post had a plus though. If you have insomnia, just read the mind numbing babble posted about your picture and they will pass out from boredom. Oh I'm mailing you the photo proof of this site. Isn't all your work copyrighted? This picture obviously has your logo on it so didn't they HAVE to get your permission to use it? I smell a copyright infringement law suit!

Lil Layne said...

Hi Brenda!

Thanks so much for commenting and reading. 1) Marc Eric and I are friends, he follows me on twitter, and I told him that I thought his photographs were beautiful. I am guessing he was the one who deleted his comment? Because I didn't. I don't believe in censorship - I very much embrace the first amendment. You know what else I embrace? The fair use copyright doctrine. But thank you for your criticisms about my prose. Because of your tough love, I am giving up on writing entirely, and have, at the last minute, decided to study for the bar examination. Regards.

mark eric said...

ha ha- I did delete my comment when I realized that this blog belonged to a person. I thought it belonged to someone trying to imitate Lil Wayne at first (Like a Vegas impersonator, you know the one's, Elvis, Madonna-) That's why I originally posted- but when I realized it was just a personal blog, no biggie. ha ha. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just wasn't going to let a business benefit from the critique of one of our images without some sort of recourse. My apologies Layne, critique away (but look at the photo as part of the whole series, not just one photo) Cheers, and see you on twitter :)

Lil Layne said...

Mark Eric, you are a gentleman among men. Like I told you via twitter, when I get married in 20-30 years, or give up and decide to have portraits made of just myself and my colin firth dvd collection, you are first on my list to call. Brenda - you can even come too!

Anonymous said...

can i come to the wedding. i only want to go if brenders is there. i've never been able to take a screen shot. unless she just used a kodak. then im not going.

Lil Layne said...

All are welcome to the hypothetical wedding in the year 2031. Even you, anonymous! It's going to be like Ellis Island up in that piece.

Anonymous said...

It's not the pictures. It's not the posers. It's the poses. Especially the doggy-style-up-against-the-pastry-case one. (Where is the Board of Health when you really need them?) But then, maybe I'm just old-fashioned.
Lil Layne, fair warning: whenever the time may come, BIG MOMMA J ain't paying for no engagement pictures. And I mean business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSFE3qQ3ROs

BMJ

Anonymous said...

i'm confused as to how exactly your wedding is going to be like ellis island. are people going to be receiving their immigration papers there as well?

Anonymous said...

Mark Eric and his buddies at Dark Roux always using Sucre to try to get hits to their own website via SEO tagging and bombing Sucre's FB page. It's obnoxious.