Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cat Ladies R Us.

As the Bataan Death March towards the last week in July continues, I keep finding new and productive ways to take "breaks" from studying.  In today's excursion, I designed my own custom t-shirts.

I've started with several designs.  Here they are.
Don't worry.  I'm VERY well educated. 

This is a shirt I thought up when I was eating my nightly dinner alone at Felipe's cantina, conveniently located very close to Tulane law school.  I also enjoy going to Felipe's because they have ample seats for the lone diner.  While sometimes I like to sit at a table meant for 3 or 4, and look at people like, "Yeah? You got a problem? WHAT OF IT?" Other times I just prefer not to force the issue and sit at the seats meant for one.  This is neither here nor there.  The last time I dined there, I noticed a group of sorority sisters looking over at me with pity in their eyes.  Maybe it was because it was a friday night and I was eating alone.  It's hard to say. But when they looked over at me, all 2yrs at UGA under their belt, I wanted to tell them this very phrase.  So thus, the idea was born.

I cried myself to sleep last night ;) 
This is my only "unisex" shirt in the collection.  I think men and women can enjoy some use out of it, although for wildly different reasons.  For the ladies: you might wear it to the local coffee shop to let that guy you've been eying for the past few weeks know you're vulnerable...and maybe available.  For the men:  you might wear it into the DMV to make sure people don't give you a hard time, because you are t h i s close to losing it. 

No, I'm not pregnant. I've just been stress eating. 
Little known secret: non-pregnant women love maternity tops.  Especially during finals mode.  When I am in finals/bar study mode, the last thing I want to deal with is a constricting top.  I need something that allows a little breathing room, for when I tell myself, "One more piece of pie? No one needs to know."  

Cats are for f*cking weirdos.  Me? I have 254 Glade candles. 
I'm sick of the stereotype that single women who love pride and prejudice, Colin Firth, Tiny Fey, teenage literature, cupcakes, and candles must also love cats.  Not true.  I am actually petrified of cats.  There was once a black cat sitting on the lawn of my house, and I refused to go outside and walk to my car until it ran off. But yet, I would be classified a cat lady.  I think we need to coin a new term, for those of us who don't like cats, but would otherwise subscribe to the cat-lady culture.  Having said ALL of this, I did name the "Shop" I created on Cafe Press "Cat Ladies R Us." 

In addition to these t-shirts, I created some non t-shirt merchandise which can be gifted to friends and loved ones. Anyone need a tote? 

No one ever needs to know that I'm carrying around teen lit in this bag. 
Fact: the biggest demographic of purchasers of teenage literature is women ages 22-30.  Well, I don't know if that is a fact, but it seems like I don't have one friend that hasn't read: Twilight, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, or all of the above.  

And finally, a gift for the the little ones in our lives. 

My Aunt gave me this! Mom and Dad call her a "trainwreck."
I suppose I should include a link to my "store,"  Cat Ladies R Us. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lil Layne,

Did you get my email about executive MBA programs in your area? I think an MBA would be just what you need to make yourself marketable in this economy. I think we can all agree that your decision to attend law school turned out to be the biggest risk of them all. I mean, am I right or am I right?

Faithfully yours,
Stringer Bell

P.S. See you in your dreams, boo.

Anonymous said...

I do like my "Pending bar exam makes me wish I married rich instead" tee, but it's a little snug these days from all the stress eating and not moving.

Ami