Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I'm so New Orleans - like 1825 Tulane

Next Installment of "Ridiculous Things People Google That Lead To My Blog." No use in wasting time. Let's go.

"what does lil wayne mean by 1825 tulane"
Okay - so I don't like to talk about the individual I now refer to as Benedict Weezy, but my allegiance is, first a foremost, to my readers. Second would probably be to the people who stumble upon my blog through convoluted google searching. So, guy who didn't even mean to open up this website, this answer is for you.

Back in the day there was this furniture called Rosenberg's. The address to the aforementioned furniture store was 1825 Tulane. But Lil Wayne is not referring the store itself -- he is referring the commercials which made the store SO well known in the city.

When I was growing up, these commercials elicited one emotion from me: total and utter jealousy. Who was this girl that got to be the most famous person in New Orleans? Why didn't my parents love me and let me audition for commercials? Actually - I take that back. I think one time my mom took me to try-out for a Popeyes Fried Chicken commercial. AS IF that was going to help my popularity out any. Last thing I needed was to appear in a commercial where I would be stuffing my face with fried chicken. That's just writing the script out for the bullies. But the Rosenberg's girl who wasn't actually seen on the commercial? And just got to sing and be cute sounding? THE DREAM.

I somehow got off track again. Anyway - these commercials were SO popular. To this day if you say the word "Rosenberg" in a sing-song voice, someone will respond with "1825 Tu-lane." But it's something only a person from New Orleans would know. So, reader -- that is what Benedict Weezy means when he says, "I'm so New Orleans - like 1825 Tulane."

"wings of ;love theme song for tv show"

I'm only including this one because the typo in the search query leads me to believe that this person was FURIOUSLY typing out this string because they had to know the answer IMMEDIATELY. Is this song seriously relevant? Are people listening to this song independent of "The Bachelor: Wings of Love?"

"K. Gates"

K. GATES HAS ARRIVED. PEOPLE ARE GOOGLING HIM. Yes reader, K. Gates is actually a very good friend of mine. He occasionally appears on my gchat list. We're pretty close. I even interviewed him. So...kind of a big deal.

"archie, olivia, cooper, peyton and eli manning"
Wow. Talk about a thorough search strng. I think any one of these names would have been sufficient...but I guess some people aren't very practiced googlers? So, random reader -- what do you want to know about these people? They are a family. Some live in New Orleans. Some live in New York. Others live in Indianapolis. They are all pretty tall. A couple of them play football. I mean..? I think I covered it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you like in interview the little girl who did that voice? I know her momma.

Big Momma J