Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lil Layne Around Town

As you can tell from the lack of posts -- I have been furiously studying for my law school finals (read: lying in the fetal position on my bed, watching back to back episodes of Jersey Shore and Steven Seagal: Lawman, telling myself I am going to start studying right after the next episode, and falling asleep before that happens). But now that the dark cloud of awful has finally lifted - I can look forward to having AMPLE free time before the next round of finals in April. And this, in turn, translates into frequent Lil Layne updating. Events to look forward to:

Dec 19th - Saints/Dallas game. Right now, I actually do not have tickets to said game, but I plan on heading over to the Dome circa 11am, and tailgating til kick-off...live blogging the entire time. I will be really technologically savvy, and will try to incorporate photos and videos into my coverage (NOTE TO SELF: Google how to do this). I also hope to get into at least 1 street fight.

Dec 20th - Christmas Caroling in Jackson Square. This might not be a live-blog per se - but any event that incorporates singing, candles, fire, tourists, french quarter, and bourbon street deserves some coverage.

Ongoing - Meeting all of the Saints players. This will probably be my number 1 goal over the holiday season. Now, some of you might find this goal quite lofty -- but I must remind you of this one important fact: last mardi gras, I partied with Kordell Stewart (former Steelers QB) at the W bar, after offering to street fight some people on his behalf. I got some skills when it comes to professional football players...that is all I am saying.

Hope you will all tune in during the coming days/weeks. If anyone has any events they'd like me to cover, leave them in the comments!

2 comments:

Alina said...

Hi LL,
Since you have sway with NFL players I was wondering if you could cover the Manning's Christmas Dinner. I just saw the Manning Bros on the Simpsons and I was wondering if they participate in any street fighting. Perhaps you can entice them. I'm just saying...

Jeezmommy said...

I just recently discovered Steven Seagal Lawman. I find it hirarious. It would be better if he wore a white martial arts outfit under his bullet proof vest.