Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Missed Connections

Thanks to Amy's Comment on my last entry (see below), I've remembered some more.

Date: March 2006
Location: London
You: Syrian

You were Syrian and devilishly attractive. I was blonde and drunk. You offered to take me with you to the Brixton Mosque. I was leaving the bar when my meddlesome friends stopped and said they thought they had foiled a kidnapping attempt. I liked the direction you and I were going in -- let's try to re-kindle that.

Date: March 2006
Location: Princes "Hotel", London
You: Desk-Clerk

You were the best thing about the Princes "Hotel". That was, of course, until we told you how our room lacked electricity, running water, and had been recently invaded by a homeless naked woman who broke down the door in the middle of the night. You REFUSED to give us a refund. I think under different circumstances, we could have been friends...maybe more...

Date: May 2006
Location: North Rockefeller Hall
You: Classmates from Chicopee High of one Hayden "Bellenliar", a professor of mine who faked a British Accent, despite growing up in Western MA.

I was first drawn to you because you knew my fraudulent professor when he was in high school (and not faking a British accent). Then, upon further reflection (approx 17 min later) my friend and I texted you and one of your friends to come back to campus for a late night party. Upon even FURTHER reflecton (2 min after the text), we decided it was a bad idea, and told you to turn around and go back home. One of you *may* have been a high school teacher. The other *may* have been an ex-con.

3 comments:

Amy Cavanaugh said...

Is it amazing or disturbing that most of our missed connections occur in the presence of the other?

I forgot about Hayden's classmates, but I'm fairly certain this gives us a goal for Reunion 2008.

luminouslibellula said...

okay, so I usually try to remain silent to limit the possibility of sounding like a doofus, but I have to ask:

You KNEW people that Hayden went to school with? I can't believe this! All I ever heard about was the 'serviette' incident.

So, I'm putting in a request for a full recounting of this adventure.

-Ashleigh

Lil Layne said...

Ashleigh,

Here's a little story called: what happens when it's graduation weekend and you are perpetually drunk. Somehow at some party there were some sketchy local guys who were there. Normally, the typical Moho steers clear from these men, yet Amy and I went up to them and asked them if they went to Chicopee High. They had. AND they were in the same class as him. AND they said he was a big sci fi weirdo SANS british accent. We thought maybe we should hook up with them to make the story better, but then decided "bad idea".